Liz grew up in Waseca, Minnesota. After she graduated from Waseca High School, she attended the University of Minnesota, where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Global Studies in 2003. While she was in college, Liz spent a summer in Kingston, Jamaica, as an intern for Jamaica AIDS Support. She also spent a semester in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, as a volunteer for Education for All: Project ABC.
After graduating from the University of Minnesota, Liz worked as a Legislative Clerk at the Minnesota Senate Information Office. She then returned to the Dominican Republic and taught English while continuing to volunteer for Education for All: Project ABC. When she returned to Minnesota, she worked as a Sales Intern for NextNet Wireless while preparing to attend law school.
Liz graduated magna cum laude from William Mitchell College of Law in 2009. While in law school, she clerked for the Minnesota Disability Law Center, Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services (CORE Housing and Education Law Advocacy Project), and for a bankruptcy attorney. After law school, she worked with two family law attorneys who provided her with valuable mentorship.
Liz lives in Apple Valley, Minnesota, with her husband, their child, and their two dogs (Sam and Archie). Liz is a member of Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran Church in Apple Valley.
- State of Minnesota (2009)
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota (2009)
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Creditor/Debtor, Estates and Trusts, and Criminal Appeals Clinic.
- American Bar Association Regional Client Counseling Competition (2nd place).
- Burton Award Nominee.
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, magna cum laude (2009)
- B.A., University of Minnesota (2003)